Sunday, October 24, 2010

Natural interior design ideas :: Queensland rainforest

I went on this amazing photography course at the weekend with a company called BlueDog based at Mount Tamborine in the Gold Coast Hinterland. If you are like me and wish to feel more confident in using your own photographs in your blog I would highly recommend these guys or a similar course. The course was a gift from my dear friends Dirk and Lisa. Thank you so much guys, it was a beautiful gift.

With all of my interior design projects I tend to use my camera quite often to either record the current site or room conditions, for shopping trips for furniture and finishes or for interior design ideas and design inspiration.
ifdesign
These leaves were gathered on a rainforest walk in the Sunshine Coast hinterland prior to me working on the interior design for a rainforest retreat in Queensland. When you think of a rainforest colour you normally think of the colour green. As you can see from these leaves there are many more colours to be found in a rainforest.

I used these colours and textures to help build up a mood board to communicate the inspiration and interior design ideas below.
This project is currently under construction and I look forward to sharing the final photos with you later.

I would love to know where you find your inspiration and interior design ideas from. Have fun.